Friday 1 May 2009

another book

I've just ordered a book called Daily Life Along The Mississippi by George S. Pabis. It aims to develop 'a social and material history of the people along the entire Mississippi River from the era of Native American settlement to modern times' and it was published in 2007, so the research it draws on should be pretty up-to-date. I'm hoping that it will help me develop a broad overview - geographical and historical - of patterns of settlement and migration along the river.

I've looked at the introduction on google books (most of it is excluded from the preview, unfortunately) and it does talk a little about language and languages. I don't know if there's more later on in the text but at least it might point me in the direction of some interesting material...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.