Wednesday 18 March 2009

More on the great-grandparents

Just a fragment from 16 March, 2009:

I've been thinking of you listening to all those tapes again and I can imagine how difficult it must be. I hope that you're finding it bearable. I spoke to Gareth and Traci again about their tape of Traci's great-grandparents and I think listening to it affected them more than they'd thought it might. It's not really that Traci had much recollection of her great-grandparents. It's more that she thought she knew their story and then, when she listened to the tape, realised that there were all sorts of details that she hadn't remembered, or perhaps hadn't taken much notice of when she was younger. I guess it can almost be a kind of reproach to realise that the story was there all the time but that one never really listened to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.