Friday 26 March 2010

Kayaköy

I think I told you that back in September I visited the ghost town of Kayaköy in southern Turkey. It was once a Greek Christian community - its Greek name was Levissi - but it was completely abandoned during the 'population exchanges' of the 1920s. Well, I was looking at your photos on flickr and I was particuarly struck by this one, from another ghost town, Terlingua TX:



And that got me thinking about Mallard and ghost towns in general. So, I decided it was time to post some pictures of Kayaköy. Here they are!









2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting, I have some images from Rodney, MS, an almost-ghost-town (orphaned by the river) that Mary Rowell and I visited in late November, and Chris Porter and I just went to again last week. I am obsessed with Rodney.

    I'll post some pix on Flickr tonight or tomorrow, this is just a reminder to myself to get to that soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.