Saturday 9 May 2009

mapping

Bloody hell! I've just noticed there's something really interesting going on here with maps. Forgive me if this is obvious - I can be a bit slow :o) Quite a while ago, I posted this on mapping and transcription as analogous ways of capturing subjective experience, and then, when we began to talk about the Mississippi, you posted this on the soundmap of NOLA, which, incidentally, uses zeemap, the same technology I'm talking about here. I think we really need to pursue this - the idea that the journey could result in a kind of experiential map of the Mississippi seems extremely exciting to me (and, by the way, a great thing for a joint group of artists and academics to be thinking about...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.